Monday, February 28, 2011

Bette's Oceanview Diner

Bette's Oceanview Diner
Fourth St, Berkeley, CA
September 28, 2010

What a friendly neighborhood diner. Bette's Oceanview Diner is along a charming street of little boutiques and some nice evening restaurants. Fourth street is a place I would certainly like to revisit. The interior of the diner is an intimate atmosphere. There are only a few booths, and good places to sit and read the paper sipping coffee at the bar counter. I like it.

For breakfast this morning, I started out with an egg white omelette and tea. The tea was never ending. Even though there wasn't such great service (we had to wave the waitress down every time), the meal was good and I could sit in peace and enjoy the paper. Seating was comfortable, and I could even select a song at the jukebox for a morning tune.

Omelette, made of egg whites,
served with toast and homemade blackberry preserve... so good! I would like to find the blackberry jamb recipe. You will find little jars of these at the table. What a lovely, fluffy soft omelette. The chives gave this a kick. It is essential for me to have chives with eggs in the morn. Scrambled eggs without chives are like the night without the moon. Big meal. I left happy.

We were here at 7AM. No traffic. I was surprised no one else was around this morning except 5 other people in the diner. It's nice to have this place all to yourself. Thanks to my mom for telling me about this place.

Bette's Oceanview Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments: